9.4.14

Product Rave #1 Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Foundation



As a teenager or even in my early twenties, I never really suffered with problem skin. I had the odd spot here and there but nothing that made me feel the need to wear foundation on a daily basis. However, since about a year ago (see this post about La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo), I have seen a big difference. I've had spots (sometimes under the skin lurkers, sometimes small pimple types) pretty much all the time, and especially on and around my cheeks. This has led to quite obvious scarring and as a result I've been using foundation every day.

I've tried loads of foundations and BB creams from L'Oreal and Rimmel to MAC and Bobbi Brown, most of which were fine, but none of which had me desperate to re-purchase. My sister suggested I try Clinique as they are known for their gentle approach to skincare.

I took a trip to the Clinique counter in Boots in Westfield and the very helpful sales assistant asked me a number of questions about my skin type, cleansing routine and what sort of coverage I was after. She wasn't pushy at all but suggested a few different products I could go for and gave me a (really full) sample of the Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Make-Up in shade 02 Fresh Ivory. About a week later I went into the Clinique counter in Westfield House of Fraser as I wanted to see if they would also recommend me the same foundation and shade. Although this sales assistant didn't go into as much detail about my skin, she also suggested the Anti-Blemish Solutions and the exact same shade.



I've now been using it for about a month and I love it. It's specially formulated for problem skin, and is designed to not only cover spots but to help heal them and prevent further breakouts. I use the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to apply it (which I would also thoroughly recommend) and it goes on easily with a light to medium coverage that is build-able. Although I do have scarring I didn't want a really thick cake-y foundation as I don't think it's necessary. It gives a lovely dewy, glow-y finish and stays on the whole day without sliding off or looking dry and patchy. It costs £24 which I think is a fairly reasonable price for something I wear all day, everyday. I can't sing it's praises highly enough!



Have you tried this foundation?


No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS